Sunday, September 21, 2008

TALENTS.....We all have them

Jason and I teach the 5yr. olds in primary. Averie is in our class and today's lesson was on talents. Jason taught today, and expained each of the children have unique and special talents that they have been blessed with. He went around the room, and asked each child what they thought their special talents were. Then he decided to tell the children Sister Blake has a special talent does anyone here know what it is? Of course on child did so Averie raises her hand and Jason calls on her she says "ya washing dishes" ha ha ha. He looks over at me all I can do is laugh and then proceeds to tell them what my talent really is. So we get home from church and I'm asking Caden what he learned about and just talking with him. I decied I would ask him if he knows what talents are he says yes and gives me some examples. (By the way Jason is listening in on our conversation) So I say to him does mom have talents? "ya cooking." Jason quickly jumps in to try and make me feel better, and well who knows what else by saying "yes cooking is a talent." By now Averie has chimed back in and said washing dishes is a talent Caden quickly corrects her "NO ANYONE CAN WASH DISHES." Jason replies ya thats more of a chore than a talent. Then Jason asks Caden think of something different he says "ok I know yelling at daddy" now that is a talent getting him to listen. So I do have one talent. Whatever, I seriously need to take up some hobbies other than just doing dishes, cooking, and yelling. So there you have it we all have talents. Too bad I'm not even a good cook, and well doing dishes.........if you've been to my house you know I'm not good at keeping up on that either. At least I know how to yell, and so yell I will. Kids, at least they don't hold back the truth!

3 comments:

Krysta said...

Being a mom is a talent!!!

Lindsey Jensen said...

You are way more talented then your kids really see. They will see that in years to come! You do know how to make people laugh! That is a talent!

Tonya said...

Hey, and you're crafty too, you make great people!! :)