Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's Begining To Look A Lot Like Christmas.......WHAT???



Yes, It's still 100 degree's but tonight my kids decided to write, and mail their letters to Santa. Caden has been talking about Christmas for about 2 months. His birthday is December 24th, and so his birthday and Christmas go hand in hand. He figures what he doesn't, or won't get for his birthday he'll get for Christmas. Well this year is no different he has been asking for legos and lots of them. So grandpa Blake takes him to the lego store and tells him he and the rest of the family are going to chip in and buy him this 5 bizillion piece lego set that only cost 400.00.
Yes you saw that right........WHAT??? I mean come on who really wastes thieir money on that crap. Jason and I have been heavily protesting this for quite some time,(I guess mainly me) so we decided to test his responsibility of taking care of these legos that go everywhere, get vaccumed up and eaten by Keiton. Will he take care of them........ No, but we already knew that. We tried anyway to give him a "fair" chance, so we bought a 20 piece set, and all pieces are now lost or lying around from hither to dither. So we told him absoultley no legos this year maybe next year. So as he's writing his letter on the second page he tells santa clause no legos thats for next year. That's pretty sad when your kid writes a letter to tell santa what not to bring. Although he was kind enough to wish him a Happy Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. What a kid, look close at the no legos sign he drew, Just in case santa couldn't read his writing. I know he will be scared for life in 15 years he will be saying "I had to write santa to tell him not what to bring". Then he will have to go see his aunt Tonya for some heavy therapy, but hey what else are parents for, every child needs a little scaring right?



Then there's Averie who was just happy to draw santa a picture of himself in pink her favorite color, and write her name on the envelope. By the way she sounded out santa without any help. I guess she is learning in kindergarten!!!

Then Marlie who handed me an envelope with her name scratched on the front of it, she was perfeclty happy with that, no letter just the envelope. The girls didn't mention one thing about a toy they wanted. I think just the novelty of mailing a letter was way more exciting than the thought of new toys......Well for now anyway. Now their all asking how many more days till Christmas? OH BOY it's gonna be a LONG 3 months at my house!!!

2 comments:

Lindsey Jensen said...

You know I often wonder if I am still a kid or if I just love Christmas! About 2 weeks ago I started thinking about Christmas and it kind of got me excited! I don't know if it is bc it is my favorite holiday or just bc I am excited to get through the end of the year so we can get going on this whole moving thing! Hum...I'm going to say its 50/50! Good luck with the kidos it will be a long 3 months!

PS I am going to make my blog private so don't forget to comment on my blog with your email address so I can send you an invite!

Tonya said...

What cute letters! I look forward to my therapy time with Caden!