Friday, September 5, 2008

3 Day Weekend MMM.....Sedona......Flagstaff












If any one knows my husband they know his obsession with the mountains, and anywhere cooler for that matter. He decided that we should go up to Sedona since it was Labor Day and the kids and he both had a three day weekend. Then I get a call on Friday from Tonya that she would be coming into town. So Saturday morning we loaded up my BIG Mormon wagon and with 5 adults and 4 kids off to Sedona we went. Yes I'm sure it looked like a clown car with me shuved in the middle front seat with my knees to my chest. Anyway before we could go to Sedona Jason decided he would make a stop at my favorite place Montezzumas Castle. Now don't get me wrong I just can't find the enjoyment of standing out in the heat looking at a bunch of mud that some indians put togather to live 100's of years ago. Then they wanted to charge us each 5 dollars to look at this "Marvelous Wonder." So we did it the "Blake Way" FREE we snuck in! YES YES I know your thinking how dishonest how could you do that? I did it though with Averie Lou in tow next to me as we are walking out the door saying "mom don't you have to pay?" I hushed her quickly and said "yes I already did." Now when I say the Blake way I don't mean Jason and I (only a time or two) I mean the eldest Blakes of the family, I'll let you all figure out who that is. Who go to see and pay for 1 movie and stay for 2 or 3. Anyway back to the trip so we saw the Castle and my kids were greatly disapointed all they could say is "that's a castle? Yes I totally agree LAME. Anyway we went on to Sedona ate at a way over priced and gross mexican resturant, then decided to drive up to Flagstaff. Needless to say the rest of the trip and the weekend was nice it rained on us, and it was sooo cool. Here are a few pics of our Labor Day Weekend adventure. (Hopefuly no park rangers from Montezzumas Castle sees this):) The last two pics are of Tonya and Grandma being silly for the camera on Sunday Night LOL.

2 comments:

Krysta said...

That is hilarious! I'm sure I can figure out which Blake your talking about!

Tonya said...

Those crazy Blakes!