Wednesday, September 17, 2008
A Lesson in Faith
I wish my faith was as strong and simple as my children. They teach me so much everyday. Today I had a funny experience that taught me this once again. When I picked the kids up from school today I carpool with another family so I pick up 2 other kids, as I was driving and listening in on the conversation today Caden's friend started telling him how on the internet he saw pictures of buildings being built on the moon. I look in my rearview mirror and see the intense intrest Caden had on his face in this. So his friend goes on to say how dangerous this is, and if they make one mistake and make the buildings too big or too heavy how they will cause the moon to blow up and kill everyone on the earth because the earth can't function without the moon. I'm sitting there thinking what a crazy kid and I'm ready to jump in on the conversation and tell them NO NO NO that can't and isn't going to happen. Before I can say a thing Caden matter of factly turns to his little friend and says "No Jesus wouldn't let that happen". Oh the faith that these kids have never ceases to amaze me. Needless to say I was so proud of him, and it made me feel like I am doing something right in raising him. By the way his friend never said another word.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is amazing! You know kids these day blow my mind. They are born with so much faith and knowledge it is so impressive. They are much more valiant as the years go on. They definitely can teach all of us adults a lesson.
Well, maybe therapy won't be needed after all! :) You do have the best and greatest kids, keep up the good work!!
Post a Comment