Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy Anniversary





Well we made it!!! 9 years ago today we took the plundge into the muddy waters of marriage. That sure sounds bad, but when your walking in muddy water you can't see the bottom so you never know what your going to get. There could be something sharp you could step on, or even worse a big black hole, or even quick sand, kinda sounds like marriage sometimes. Anyway I was TRYING to reminise with Jason the other day and I asked him if he could describe the last 9 years in two words what would they be? He turned to me and simply said "Heaven & Hell." That's Jason! So last night Caden came home from school so excited that it was going to be our anniversary today. He loves making cards and things, so up to his room he went working on something all afternoon and into last night. This morning he got up and in his most excited voice came and wished Jason and I a happy anniversary, then he gave us this card/picture he had been working so hard on. I looked at it and it's a castle with a princess in the tower the dragon attacking and a knight trying to save her???? I asked is this me and daddy...... "yes daddy is saving you" mmm I think we have been watching too much Star Wars I mean does that even happen on Star Wars? Anyway I couldn't resist I had to show my card/picture. Anyway just a quick ending thought on Jason on this day of bliss. To the man I love who drives me crazy, always makes me laugh, ALWAYS does his own iorning, loads the dishwasher but doesn't start it(because he doesn't know how), eats at resturants only starting with M and, must be mexican food, and who loves HOT moms. Most importantly loves his wifey, and his family and to that I say HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Jason I Love You!!! I can't wait to see what the next 9 have in store.

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Happy Anniversary! You've made it 9 years as a Blake, now that's an accomplishment!! haha

Krysta said...

Congratulations you two! That is so sweet of Caden to make that cute card for you. I love how thoughtful kids can be! Jason's comment about Heaven and Hell...so true. EVERY marriage has that! :)

Lindsey Jensen said...

That is so exciting! Happy anniversary! I love Caden's card for you guys... so thoughtful!