Tuesday, September 23, 2008

CAMPING.....Yes even I went!


This past weekend was our ward camp-out. Yes believe it or not I went, and yes I roughed it in a tent with my blow-up mattress and my tent heater! I know I know thats not camping if your on a mattress, but I DO NOT believe in sleeping on the groud, or being so cold you feel like your toes, and nose are going to fall off. We left Keiton at Jacque's (thanks Jacque) and off we went. Jason loves the outdoors too bad he married me. I still don't understand why he finds that sort of thing fun? Who likes using a tree as a toilet? I guess if he was a girl and had to get half NAKED to use the bathroom, and it's his bare buns in danger of being bit by a wild animal while trying to do his business, not to mention the shock of bare skin in 45 degrees BRRRR, he might feel the same way I do! Anyways enough of my complaining. The kids had a great time as you can tell. I love the picture of all the kids look at their jeans that tells you how much fun they were having. I wish I would have taken a picture of their dirty, dirty, dirty little hands and faces. Yes they also loved playing in the fire. That's not the safest idea but kids will be kids. Every picture I have was in front of the fire not because I wanted the pics to look campingish (is that even a word?) but, because thats where they stayed for the whole time we were there. I'm still trying to figure out what is so fun about fire, and smoke blowing in your face for 2 days, but it kept them occupied, and happy! Besides the toilet issue and the DIRT it was great family time together!



3 comments:

Tonya said...

Wow, I'm so impressed!! Looks like lots of fun, the kids must have loved it!! How come there aren't any pictures of you roughing it?? Come on, you gotta have proof!!

Lindsey Jensen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey Jensen said...

That looks like fun and trust me I'm no camper either! Nick and I went camping with friends once and I roughed it too and I was so proud of myself but I have to admit I had a bathroom and water to wash my face! Still that was huge for me! Glad you had a good time!